As Valentines Day approaches I need to make sure my boys have alternative snacks to take to school. I was looking for a simple treat that I had all the ingredients for and I decided that healthy rice krispie treats would be a fun option.
I used just 3 ingredients for a 9″ x 9″ pan:
2.5 cups Organic Koala Crisps from Natures Path (non gmo)
2 cups Vegan mini marshmallows (non gmo)
1/8th cup Butter (cream and salt – no colorings)
This was the simplest treat I have made and its super quick.
1. Melt butter in a pan.
2. Add in marshmallows and allow to melt.
3. Add in Koala crisps and mix until all the marshmallow has coated the crisps.
4. Transfer into a lightly greased (with butter or coconut oil) and spread out until desired thickness.
5. Allow to cool. Cut into portions.
6. Store in an airtight container with greaseproof between the layers to prevent sticking.