The perfect hot chocolate recipe is here! Its sweet without being too sweet, chocolatey and so cozy on a cold fall day. Dive into a mug today and cozy up with your favourite book. Do you love the smell, taste and memories of a steaming cup of hot chocolate? I do, but most are too sweet, too oily, have too many unnecessary ingredients and just don’t taste real. In an effort to give my two boys a delicious, and processed free drink with no refined sugar, I went in search of the perfect double hot chocolate mix recipe. Here’s mine. Make a big batch and always have it ready – keep in a dark pantry away from heat. Simply add goat milk or coconut, almond, Organic full fat milk to make a tasty chocolate treat.
In a blender mix:
1 cup organic cocoa powder half a cup of cacao powder
2 cups coconut sugar
1 cup chocolate chips – we used Enjoy life which is soy & dairy free
1. Pour the sugar and cocoa powder into your blender and blend on high until all the sugar and cocoa have blended well together (1-2 mins).
2. Add in the chocolate chips and blend until the chips have broken up into smaller pieces. Check every 10-15 secs and don’t over blend.
3. Place in a glass jar for storage.
4. If giving as a gift (such a great idea and super easy to whip up) add a bow or a ribbon and instructions on how to make the drink – add 2 tablespoons to your milk of choice and stir
5. To make it extra decedent whip up some organic whipping cream and add a dollop on the top with a few extra chocolate chips! YUM.