I don’t know about you but I used to make New Years Resolutions every January 1st and by January 5th I had most likely broke them and many more besides. Resolutions come in all different shapes and sizes, from vowing to lose 30 lbs by the summer to never eating candy again to paying a ridiculous amount of money to join a gym that you will never go to!
- Be kind to myself. In every way.
- I won’t berate myself, feel guilty or beat myself up when I practice the 80/20 rule of nutrition. I tend to be a stickler for healthy and nutritious food but then forget that we are not perfect!
- Meditate each day and make this a non-negotiable
- Grab every new opportunity available to me by the throat and go for it with gusto.
- Live life without regret and embrace the new year with optimism, joy and a sense of excitement.
These are resolutions I know I can keep, they are not based on anything but myself. I wont make the promise to never eat candy again or not drink a glass or wine during the week or exercise every day (although this is what I will strive for each and every day), that would simply be setting myself up for failure – I know myself.
Being kind to ourselves and not beating ourselves up for the past or the future that might never hapen is a waste of time and energy. Let us instead focus on the present moment, this moment that will never happen again, this moment of pure joy if we simply take the time to live in it.
*If you are looking for a mediation technique that is fun, easy and effective hop on over to my Mind Calm Mediation page and lets get to work on your new life together!