Wanting to start a family soon and wondering how to boost your fertility? I am about to show you 5 super foods that could help you become more fertile and increase your chances of conceiving. Statistics suggest a nutritional protocol can achieve a 78% success rate! Now thats a number that is encouraging! Of course, by being as healthy as possible in all aspects of your life, before conception, will increase your chances of having a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby. Your diet, stress level, weight and toxic exposure all play a role.
Don’t have time to read this blog post? Sign up for my newsletter and I will email you a link to it and you can read it at your leisure.
When preparing for pregnancy you need to take into consideration your hormones (more on this later) which includes an adequate supply of vitamin B6 and zinc as they work together to produce and regulate female hormones. They also increase your libido. Essential fats such as those found in salmon or sardines are also important for hormone balancing.
So here are 5 simple super foods to help boost your fertility:
- Nuts – rich in zinc (ideally organic, kept in the fridge or freezer to prevent rancidity – and no peanuts!)
- Seeds – rich in zinc (in particular pumpkin seeds as they are high in zinc) – great in a trail mix or in your morning yogurt
- Eggs rich in zinc (not just the whites! you need the yolks) – preferably organic, free range
- Broccoli rich in B6 – lightly steamed to keep in those vital nutrients
- Flax seeds rich in B6 – ground up and sprinkled on salads or yogurt and fresh fruit or in a smoothie
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to food but if you incorporate these 5 foods into your diet you will be feeding your fertility in all the right ways.
Up next on the blog – Reiki and healing the womb.