6 Steps to Good Digestion:
1. Use your eyes, nose and mouth to start to break down your food before you even put it in your mouth.
2. Use your teeth to actually chew your food before you swallow it – no distractions!
3. Need a little help? Try a tincture such as Canadian Bitters or Hepato DR (St. Francis Herb Farm) – if you need a little extra help choose a plant-based digestive enzyme like Super Enzymes.
4. Zinc – test your zinc using a zinc tally test (ask your local health food store for Metagenics Zinc Tally) – do the 1 tablespoon swish and swallow. (see day 2 for more info)
5. Be wary of what you combine – keep sugar separate unless you want a fermentation experiment going on in your gut!
6. Digest – take time to enjoy your food, remember it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell you its full. Enjoy the peaceful time and savour your food and your mood.
Eliminate anti-inflammatory foods such as dairy, refined food, fried food to avoid bloating.
Have a blood test scheduled? add CRP (C-Reactive Protein) to it to test your level of inflammation in your body.
If you have hormonal issues or are not sure if you have hormonal issues – think weight gain, insomnia, bloating, PCOS, fibroids, ache, ovarian cysts, flooding, etc these = gut issues!
And remember we are NOT only what we eat – we are also what we absorb and assimilate