Are you wanting some tips on the first step to better eating? Perhaps try new foods, give up wheat, or just plain feel better? It might seem a little overwhelming at first,but if you take it in small steps you will be surprised how easy it can be, and how you will adapt overtime. So lets look at how we can take those first step to eating better and feeling better.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or opt out for a lower glycemic index)
- Banana Nut Topping
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- In a medium bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer or hand whisk.
- Brush coconut oil onto the waffle iron. Heat waffle iron and wait for light to show it is ready. (or follow instructions for your particular waffle iron)
- Waffles usually take 3-5 mins depending on your waffle iron. With ours the light goes off when the waffle is done.
- Our waffle iron make 4 individual waffles (or 1 large circle with 4 segments) that I found was enough of 1 adult and 1 child. This recipe makes only 1 waffle so if you are wanting more than 1 you will need to double or triple the recipe ahead of time.
This is the most moist and delicious paleo cupcake recipe coconut flour I know! Its coconutty, not too sweet and perfect for any occasion. Cupcakes can be heavily reliant on sugar to make them sweet, but in turn this sugar can have serious side effects to the flora in your gut. Maintaining a balanced blood sugar level is very important to manage possible sugar highs and lows throughout the day. This recipe uses low glycemic ingredients in order to keep the blood sugar level low. These cupcakes are nut free so they would be safe to take into school as a treat. [Read more…]