Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!
What sort of life are you living right now? Is it just “OK” – could be better – but it will do? Often it is so much easier to continue along the same path that you’re on. Basically, you’re feeling pretty comfortable in life, and you feel safe with how your life is panning out for you.
BUT – WHAT IF YOUR LIFE COULD BE BETTER?
Imagine if you jumped over the FEAR of getting out of your comfort zone! What would you do differently? What would you like to change in your life right now? What life would you ultimately choose that would give you satisfaction and joy?
Is it to get a better job – one that’s more satisfying or pays more? Perhaps it’s to spice up your relationship and get your mojo back? Or perhaps it’s one with more balance and more time for you to enjoy the things you like to do.
Time and time again Maggie and I meet people or see our clients who want to have a better life for themselves right now but are too scared to change and try doing things differently.
Have a look at our Risk /Reward Life model:
If you vary what you normally do with your everyday life – eg: change your usual habits and behaviours – and you allow yourself to be vulnerable and take yourself out of your comfort zone – then overall you will SOAR and grow from your new experiences and opportunities. Even experiences that may not work out as planned will teach you things from which you can learn and grow!
Then – when you put yourself out there and allow yourself to be Vulnerable plus you marry that with your Vigour or your capacity to be Resilient – where you go with the punches and get up if you’re knocked to the ground … then overall you develop STRENGTH – strength within yourself, strength to keep going and trying new things, experiences and opportunities.
And finally – if you use your Vigour or Resilience when you Vary or try new opportunities and get out of your comfort zone – you get so much more SATISFACTION within your life and yourself!
At the end of it all, you end up with the REWARD of a life that has more meaning, purpose, direction and enjoyment!
If you throw in these 3 more powerful elements you will be ready to jump off the comfy couch and throw yourself into better well-assessed risks:
- TRUST – in your self, in the process and that things will be better
- BELIEVE – in yourself and that you can create a better quality life for yourself
- COMMIT – find the courage and confidence to take the plunge and take a risk – what’s the worst thing that can happen? Commit to wanting change in your life and think about how much better it could be!
Maggie and I love models – we find them super powerful and super useful!! After all – we are all about helping people overcome the fear and overwhelm of doing things differently and creating new change in your life.
It’s all about just STARTING with SIMPLE SMALL SUSTAINABLE STEPS™
Here’s some simple steps to help you get started:
- ASSESS – think about the risks you need to take – are they Good risks or Stupid ones? Do a SWOT analysis to weigh up the benefits and the outcomes
- ACT – plan and action what needs to be done – break it down into small manageable steps
- ACHIEVE – just shut the door on the fear and nervous niggles inside, take a deep breath and take the plunge into actioning your plans. Reward yourself with your achievements and learn from any experiences that may not have worked so well. Life is all about learning, growing and trying new things!
What risks do you think you could be taking in your life and think about how you could create a better quality of life for yourself.
Remember the biggest life change happens when you choose to do something about it and you get out of your comfort zone.
Life’s too short to sit on the couch just thinking about it – just put yourself out there and do it!
Let us know in the comments your thoughts on this subject, we would love to know.
Love Maggie & Sally
If you loved this post we think you might love this one too: //yourholisticfit.com/feelings-and-beings/is-a-lack-of-sweetness-ruining-your-weight-loss-efforts/
Want to find out how you can Shift the weight to Lift your life? Watch our fabulous webinar by clicking here:
Want to find out more about us? Click here to see how we can shift and lift you towards your best life.